23 Sep 2014
A list of ‘Essential Reading’ for SaltStack. A collection of useful links, mostly for myself but possibly helpful to others.
- How Do I Use Salt States, States tutorial and Pillar Walkthrough - the tutorials
- Highstate data structure definitions and Understanding YAML - helpful for understanding statefile layout - when to use a colon, as dash, double indents, etc
- Requisites and Other Global State Arguments - do something before something else, restart a service if a file changes, etc
- salt.states.file - most config management is going to involve working with files…
- salt.renderers.jinja and Salt Best Practices - working with Jinja